Follow Us

Monday 7 October 2013

Rule - Jay Crownover











RATING > 5/5 STARS
CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND ADULT SCENES



Rule is book #1 of the Marked Men series and   what a way to kick off a series!! 
About the book
Introducing Rule, this book shows how opposites really do attract.
Shaw Landon is a beautiful, perfect, straight -A pre-med student and Rule Archer is a Tattooed wild guy that doesn't follow rules, but they both have their issues. Shaw may come from money and seem to have the perfect lifestyle but that is at the cost of neglectful parents that have no time for her unless they want her to do something and a psycho ex that is determined not to let her go.  Rule has some major issues of his own trying to drown the grief of his twins death in alcohol, he's a serious commitment - phobe and general black sheep of the family. He thinks it would of been better for him to die instead of Remy who he believes was  'The better twin'. He carries the guilt of Remy's death on his shoulders as he knows his mother blames him for Remy's accident.

Rules dead twin brother Remy rescued  Shaw at school when she was just 13years old, they become best friends and Remy's whole family, with the exception of Rule, have taken Shaw under their wings ever since, she is a constant in the Archer family and after Remy dies it is Shaw that helps to keep the family together. Every Sunday Shaw goes to drag Rule out of bed and finds him in a naked and post sex state, every Sunday she also has the job also of getting rid of whatever slut, I mean girl, he's picked up the night before (cough, cough, MAN WHORE cough)and takes him to Sunday brunch at his parents in an attempt to keep Rule part of the family.


Shaw has always been in love with Rule but he only see's her as a goody-goody princess and his dead twin brothers girl. She sets out to change his opinion of her and after a night of seduction and alcohol things definitely change!


We follow their story as they try and figure out how two people as different as the two of them can be together, make it last and get their HEA.

My views :)
So we are all used to the good looking, professional, romantic hero in a book. Well Rule is of the Tattoo'd, pierced, hard nut, funky hair variety and it was a breath of fresh air to read about him (also helped that he is right up my street in the looks category). I was literally doing a happy dance when I found this book that gave me everything I'm  looking for in a story.


It's full of sexy men and beautiful girls and some FREAKING hot sexual tension!! Oh and actual sex of course, including some detailed moments involving some HOT-DAMN piercings that sit below the belt, let me tell you those are some LUSH pages ;)


Yes so there were some grammar problems but I hardly noticed because I was just soooo into the story and to be honest just plain distracted by the amount of SERIOUSLY hot tattooed guys that come at you left, right and center! If you love a good love story, some kinky sex and tattooed guys then I cant stress enough how much you need this book in your life. Go, go now and buy it, then you can thank me later!

The story line had me gripped from beginning to end. It sucked me in, kept me there and left me pining for more. 
 Jay Crownover left me with a mahoosive book and hottie hangover and I genuinely missed Rule in my life when I finished the book... But fear not 2nd book Jet is now out and is just as sizzling hot as Rule, thank god!



Bring on big brother Rome's book out in January 2014!!

Some of my favorite quotes from RULE 
".........I loved Rule like it was my mission in life. I loved him like it was inevitable, like no matter how many times I was shown what an awful idea it was, what a bad match we were, what a callous asshole he could be I couldn’t shake it"
"........I think it’s genetically impossible not to be kind of in love with him when you come equipped with a vagina. It’s just something about all that angsty, moody swagger he has that makes you want to cuddle him up and make him feel better"
"........Opposites don't just attract they freaking catch fire and burn the entire city down"
".........Look I have somewhere I have to be and I don’t particularly love that I have to go, but you freaking out and making a scene is not going to do anything other than piss me off. I hope you had a good time last night and you can leave your number but we both know the chances of me calling you are slim to none. If you don’t want to be treated like crap maybe you should stop going home with drunken dudes you don’t know. Trust me we’re really only after one thing and the next morning all we really want is for you to go quietly away. I have a headache and I feel like I’m going to hurl, plus I have to spend the next hour in a car with someone that will be silently loathing me and joyously plotting my death so really can we just save the histrionics and get a move on it?"
"........I almost saw your boyfriend naked this morning.”
I laughed at the look on her face. “I don’t know what to say to that, you’re welcome?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment